Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hello World.

I want to tell you about love :)
Love that is. Not what it is or how it is or why it is not.
Just. Because all is love. Just. But then again, you will find more about love watching these movies I'm going to write about.
I watched two different..but somehow similar movies, and I really loved it.

Where The Wild Things Are its the one of those movies i won't forget for a super long time, I tell you what, whatever you say, just go and watch, this is all about love and that's it, and I love it. And if you have a heart and bits of soul you will love it too, its not about stripping meaning of love to the bones, analyzing whats and "fors", this is just about this sadness and "angst" in (...)
OK I deleted like 99% of all this, its just because I found my blabber hopelessly inadequate, simply it is a wonderful, magical film for adults (sighs, cranky again), if you allow it to take you into its extraordinary realm... oh whatever just ...watch it.

Another cinematic discovery, The Fall, its a gem, not just a movie, a pure jewel. For many reasons so damn close to my messed up life.I would never understand why it is a pretty much unknown movie, heavily underrated, deserves tons of Oscars.

Movie's two stories intertwine in perfect harmony - that of the little girl Alexandria(Catinca Untaru) with a broken arm befriending a crippled Hollywood stuntman Roy (Lee Pace) with an epic fable, and that of the fable itself; which involves a band of outcasts seeking revenge on the "Evil Governor Odeous". Roy manages to keep little Alexandria interested in his story by conforming it to her imagination, we learn quickly that he has his own reasons for spinning this tale for his little friend.
Wonderful performances, Catinca, especially, is so adorable that one cannot help but fall in love with her. Watching her performance, you have an impression, a strong impression she is not acting, she just being herself, living these fables and whole movie in such wonderful way that is beyond description, you gotta love it. Filmed in many countries in various locations, from Cambodia, through Egyptian dessert, Spanish Alhambra to California, amazing visuals, breathtaking images.  You have to watch to understand, this is definitely one of my most favorite movies of all times. Shit and it made my eyes wet a bit, maybe cause of colors, dunno, real men don't cry, right.
...so, you'll ask, what's in it about love? 
Well everything. :)
Because all is love,
for real.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i just finished watching The Fall

nice

Post a Comment